- Congratulations and Thank you to incoming WRPC Board Members for the 2015-16 school year:
Co-President: Mara Plankers
VP Operations/Bandit: Christine Gkatzimas
VP Fundraising: Laurie Schmitt
Treasurer: Christina Loughran
Secretary: Sandi Balonick
They will join senior returning members:
Co-President: Sonya Grover
VP Fundraising: Norie Barakeh
VP Family Connections: Justin Cole
VP Communications: Sharon Murphy
Parliamentarian (post-president role/advisor): Shiho Barbir
Thank you to outgoing board members for their extraordinary dedication and service to Wagner Ranch:
Parliamentarian: Kim Coleman
VP Operations/Bandit: Grace Wilson
Treasurer: Leena Elias
There are many opportunities to volunteer and be involved with your child's school. Please see below for open positions. Thank you!
- Volunteer Opportunities for 2015-2016 School Year - It really does take a ranch to keep the school running. Please contact Angel Sorenson if you're interested or would just like to learn more about a position. Available positions include: Jump Start Coordinator, Round Up Coordinator, Rancher E-news Editor, School Directory Coordinator, Yearbook Co-Editor, Teacher Appreciation Coordinator, 4th/5th Grade Play Producers, Silent Auction Coordinator, Hot Lunch Program Coordinator, Garden/Nature Area Aide, Think First Coordinator.
- This year, our school Walk-a-thon will be held on Friday, May 22nd. Proceeds this year will go to support outdoor improvements here at Wagner, including playground improvements, equipment and possible shade structures. Look for more information about this event coming to you in the next week. To donate to this exciting fundraiser, click here: https://99pledges.com/fund/spring2015/
- Don't forget to replenish your child's Hot Lunch MealTime Accounts! If you are a new family or just never got around to setting up a MealTime account last year, now is the time. Sign up is simple, but you will need your child's student ID number (this was provided at Jumpstart). For detailed instructions, click here.
- Extended Day Kindergarten Update: A resolution to establish an Early Primary Program was approved at the May 11, 2015 OUSD Board Meeting. The Resolution includes criteria for ensuring that an extended day includes ample opportunities for both active and quiet activities within an integrated, experiential, and developmentally appropriate educational program throughout the school day. The longer Kindergarten day will include lunch/recess and 55 additional classroom minutes, going from 3.5 hours to 5.1 hours. At this time, the district is continuing to plan for implementation of an Extended Day Kindergarten schedule (EDK) to begin in August 2015. For more information, please the districts website: Orinda Union School District: Kindergarten Schedules